Safe Shelter Program for Single Mothers
Where is a women's shelter near me?
If you are seeking shelter or refuge as a single mom, you've come to the right place. My Sister's House is located in Washington, Illinois - a remote town in Tazewell County that provides temporary transitional housing and counseling services for single mothers and at-risk adult women.
For more about our program and to find housing for a single mom, read on here.
Housing Program for Single Moms
In search of transitional housing with little or no income currently? My Sister's House has limited availability, regularly accepting applicants to determine eligibility for a temporary place to stay. If we are unable to take in a single mother and her child(ren) at the time, we have a network of organizations and resources that can help. Our mission is to provide consistent single mother housing in Washington, IL.
If you are fleeing from an abusive home or simply have nowhere left to turn, the staff at My Sister's House would be happy to consider you for our home. Here's an overview of what we do and provide to each of our residents:
What We Provide to Single Mothers & their Children
- Free room & board
- Secured property shared only with residents
- Free showers available daily
- Free meals for mother & child(ren) daily
- Free use of washer & dryer
- Basic clothing provided (as necessary)
- Alcohol & Drug-free property
- Pre-Approved weekly visits
- Pre-Approved Travel & Vacation allowances
- Education & Employment Mentoring
- Life Skills Counseling sessions
- Biblical Counseling sessions
- Weekly visits to church services
If you'd like to know more specifics about our housing program for single mothers in Washington, Illinois, check out these resources:
> Women's Transitional Housing Shelter